Monday, September 15, 2008

10 hours +

Marissa did it! YIPPEE!!!!!
After my complaining on Thursday - I took aggressive action. The boys all went out on the Fathers and Sons campout on Friday night so I decided that I wouldn't get a better time to not worry about waking anybody up so we had at it! Bedtime as usual - then at her usual 2:30am waking I just let her cry. I would go in every little while and lay her back down and give her the binky. She would be quiet for a bit then start up again. This lasted for seriously and hour and a half. Of course she wasn't screaming the whole time or I would have caved. But by 4am I thought maybe she is thirsty - so I got her sippy cup and gave her a sip of water and then after that she finally went to sleep. So it was a rough night. I was thinking that this would happen again Saturday night but nope - she slept till 4am (skipped her 2:30am) - I nursed her than back to bed. Then last night - I was expecting crying again - but she slept till 6am -AMAZING! I fed her and then back to bed till 8am. I am in heaven today. That one night of crying is all it took! I am sooooo thankful. I hope this continues - sleep is wonderful!

5 comments:

Schauers Hours said...

Stay firm Stacy, if she reverts back to the 2:30 waking don't give in! (I know, easy for me to say, I'm not hearing the screaming.) Both mommy and baby are happier if they get their rest.

Breanne said...

That's great!! It's always better when mom has sleep, then the whole family is happy :)

Kristin said...

Sleep is a beautiful thing, it turns you into a new woman, doesn't it? Congratulations on sticking out the fight! I bet it was hard, but now everyone is rested...I hope it continues!

Kyle and Krista said...

Go Marissa! Go Stacy!!

de Arrieta said...

Yeah Momma! You did it! I love the blog paper too.