Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dolphins, Vampires, and Tigers

BLUE DOLPHINS
Here is our "little" Tanner in his first year of soccer. He was amazing! Look at the concentration on that face!

Tanner amazed us all with his skill in his first season. He dribbled the ball down the field and scored several times each game. I think the lowest number of goals he scored in a game was 3 and the highest was 8. But he scored every game. The cutest thing he did was after Coach Dad told the team that they needed to pass instead of just shooting it into the goal since we were totally killing the other team, so Tanner did it and helped one of the other kids who hadn't scored before score a goal. He was so proud. After the game when we were asking him how many goals he had that game (it was 5), he said "yeah but did you see me pass it to Gavin and he got a goal -that was so cool." Teamwork - he is learning it at this young age! Yippee!

VAMPIRES
Scary but true Dawson's team choose the Vampires as their team name! I love this action shot - Dawson is just about to boot that ball!

Dawson did incredible this year. We saw such a big change in his skill level since last year. He was so aggressive and had good ball control. It was really fun! I was a proud parent but of course I tried to keep my pride in check. He had a funny coach this year that would tell him after every game that he was the best player, the MVP, and how great he was doing. The coach even hugged me after a game and said how great Dawson was. I thought "did he just hug me?" (Don't worry he was hugging other parents too!) It was just funny! But really was had such fun watching him this year. He scored every game and just played awesome. Go Dawson!


BLUE TIGERS
Now here's our Under 10 Josh! Yeah we finally made it to the big fields with all the rules! It was really fun to watch Josh this year with the big changes that Under 10s brings.

Josh had a good year. He even got to play goalie a couple of times. Oh boy was that a stressful one for mom and dad. I don't know how my parents handled that when I was goalie in highschool! He did really good at it though. He also scored one goal this year and I missed it! I had just left the game to take Dawson to practice and he got his goal. Bummer. But I did hear that it was a great one! Josh also made some great improvements in being more aggressive and going to the ball! It was a great year!

3 comments:

JD said...

Vampires... Someones mom is addicted to twilight.

Schauers Hours said...

FUN, you're boys are doing great! Must make it all worth it when they do so well. That is so funny about the coach hugging you. I laughed.

Anonymous said...

I have GOT to get to some soccer games of y'all's. I'm missing out!!!