Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What is going on here?

It all started on conference weekend. As the family was sitting downstairs watching conference, JD was inspired to totally gut the basement! And things have taken off just as fast. My basement is trashed right now but JD is so excited about what he is doing he promises it won't take too long!


JD is loving this demolition stuff! He is having a great time tearing off all that stupid paneling and ripping off sheetrock!



We are changing things up a bit down there. The whole point of all this is to move Josh and Dawson down to their own room. So we are putting a wall in the middle. One side will be a bedroom the other will be the family room.

We are also changing the bathroom. The door and shower are changing places. It will be so nice when it gets done. But I'm not quite seeing the end in sight any time soon but JD does!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

You're brave to let him do all that. I hope he gets it done soon! Sounds like it will be nice when it's done.

Breanne said...

I was wondering what was going on over there! I've noticed that you have a garage full of stuff. That will be great when it's all done! Let's just hope that JD doesn't lose any steam until it's done.

Francis Family said...

Remodeling is so much fun! Can't wait to see what it looks like when he does get done, so take some pics.

Schauers Hours said...

Oh man, I never did see it in its original splendor.

Leuluai's said...

Wow...looks like fun...JD I want it finished by the time I get there!!! :)

Kristin said...

How fun! You'll love it when it's done. Let's hope it gets done pretty quick!

de Arrieta said...

Oh my goodness! Men and their quick ideas! I remember just cleaning the house spotless when Drew came in and just started tearing down an old fireplace. Like you, a mess was started and his it will only be a little bit until it was fixed wasn't kept. I hope JD is better with his timeline.

Natalie said...

You guys sound like us. John is always saying, "We're almost done." While I have an extremely detailed list of everything that needs to be done. I have to admit that it sounds fun though.

Anonymous said...

Well, how is the project going? Looks like a huge undertaking - and very exciting! Do you have a projected due date? (hopefully not a 9 month gestation period!)

Good luck!
Love,
Mom