Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dawson's Baptism

Dawson's baptism day was perfect! It was just a great day. The Spirit was strong. Dawson just glowed and was so happy! I loved all the hugs I got from him yesterday. He also got baptized with his friend Savanna Schauers. It made the day even better to share it with them.


We are so lucky to have so much wonderful family who support us! Thanks everyone who came - we love you all!


I love how his face lit up when he saw his name - Dawson McKay Hanks - embossed on his scriptures. And he has been reading them quite a bit - last night, this morning, tonight! He is such a sweet boy! I love you Dawson.

Oh and you might have noticed that he is wearing glasses in his baptism picture. On Thursday we got him some glasses - it was time! Now he can see clearer and it's a whole new world!

6 comments:

Matt & Jen Hanks said...

It looks like it was an awesome day!! We are sorry that we missed it! Congrats to Dawson for getting baptized and for being a good example!

Schauers Hours said...

How funny our blog posts are so similar, great minds think alike! That was a great day. Again I'm so glad we were able to share it. Dawson was very handsome.

David H said...

Congrats Dawson! Sorry I had to miss it!

Breanne said...

He looks so much older in glasses!! Congrats Dawson!

Emily said...

It looks like Dawson had a wonderful day! We're sure proud of him and his decision to be baptized!! I love his glasses, too! You've got such a beautiful family! I loved all of these pictures!!!

de Arrieta said...

Oh how wonderful!! I have to say that it melted my heart when Dalton got baptized. I know you have been through this before, but it is a BIG coming of age thing huh?