Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 Review


1. What did you do in 2010 that you've never done before?
Had 5 kids



2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
No - I was going to blog weekly or monthly - see I can't even remember - but nope, didn't do very well at that. And no - I'm not going to make a New Years Resolution this year - I have goals but I'm not calling them N.Y.R.!


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes - ME! And my little sister (9 days after me). And my husband's littlest sister too! And quite a few friends too!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No - thank heavens! Grandma was touch and go for awhile but she's still with us.

5. What countries did you visit?
No new countries but some new places. Capital Reef National Park was awesome this summer.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More patience and more money!


7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
February 17, 2010 - The birth of Brielle Alexis, probably our last baby!
July 27, 2010 - Marissa had bladder surgery and I was SCARED to death.


8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year?
Being a mom to 5 kids and not losing my mind (I think).

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sure - and maybe that's because I don't want to admit failure :)


10. Did you suffer injury or illness?
No - I was very healthy this year - so grateful for that. But my family has been through quite a few things. JD and his bad headaches, which he never misses a day of work or church or anything for. He struggles through. Also his shoulder was dislocated again - yucky. Marissa and her surgery. Tanner and some really nasty injuries. Dawson and stitches.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably our new shower and toilet downstairs (JD finished the bathroom in the spring). And this awesome computer I'm typing on! Oh and our new roof - don't like to think of the leaking that would have been taking place right now if we didn't get that.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
JD - awarded Alpine School Districts Teacher of the Year. He rocks.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not really appalled but more sad and difficult. One of my children is struggling with his temper and it is really difficult right now and causing a lot of stress. Appalled at all of the evil in this world and all the hurt that goes on. Wish I could change that.

14. Where did most of your money go?
FOOD - feeding 7 people is quite expensive


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby - and enjoying her milestones!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hey Soul Sister by Train - Marissa singing her heart out. Gotta a Feeling by Black Eyed Peas and Represent by Weezer.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier - I'm not pregnant like I was last January! Definitely skinner - by like 35 pounds! About the same on the richer or poorer!


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Just having fun - socializing more. When I have a baby I always feel very trapped in a sense. It's hard to get out and hard to do all the things I want to do but I can do those things but my mind gets very anxious and nervous. So I wish I could have gotten outside of that a lot more.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying - that's what I do best - URG!

20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Over and over again with my sweetie! And I fell in love with my new baby too!


21. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy - I know, why do I watch that crap. Oh and LOST - loved it.


22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No - same people - just kidding - I hate no one!

23. What was the best book you read?
Hunger Games Series, The Help, and The Lightning Thief Series.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My children are amazing musicians - they get that from their dad.

25. What did you want and get?
Brielle and a new bike


26. What did you want and not get?
A dog


27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3

28. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
33 - got a new bike and rode it up Provo Canyon



29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not sure

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept for 2010?
I'm not too fashion savvy - I don't have money to be. My sister about died when she saw I was wearing pants that were 10 years old.

31. What kept you sane?
My JD!

3 comments:

Eric and Shelene said...

Loved it! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a great year! Love you guys!

Andrea said...

thanks for sharing your 2010 experiences--it's always good to remember the past year! It made me reflect on my 2010 year.

Kelly said...

LOVE IT! I'm always so self conscious in posts like this, but I love reading other peoples! You have a great family. So fun to read about you all from time to time! :)