Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dawson is "7" (but not till 7:30pm)

My second little boy, Dawson McKay has turned 7 years old. I can't believe it! Sunday was the special day for him. He was so funny about it though. Whenever Tanner or I or Josh would say something about being 7 - he would say "Not till 7:30 tonight"! Obviously he was born at 7:30pm on May 4, 2001. That just made me laugh because he was very serious about it.

Friday after school we had a birthday party for him. We had reserved the cultural hall at the church because the weather has been so crazy lately - you never know what it was gonna do. So I had a whole list of games to play and I felt really prepared. But alas with 20 kids it just didn't go as I envisioned it going. I don't know why I do this to myself but when we invite all the cousins and and a few friends it just turns into something huge! Oh well - it was fun (I hope). Dawson loved it and got a lot of neat things.



I love Dawson! His smile lights up a room and his laugh is contagious. I love how friendly and outgoing he is. He loves to be with his big brother Josh and do whatever Josh is doing. And he is also a great big brother to Tanner and Marissa. He is an awesome athlete. He is good at whatever he puts his mind to. Shooting hoops after school for hours with his brothers is probably what he loves to do most right now! I am so glad that my boys are close. They can fight like the dickens but are best friends most of the time. There is no one they would rather be with then each other and that makes my heart happy! Dawson is full of life. Fun, energetic, athletic, enthusiastic, kind, sensitive, powerful, friendly, smart, observant, interested, wonderful, awesome and amazing!

4 comments:

Breanne said...

Happy Birthday Dawson!! He looks so happy in those pictures! And I love Marissa's smile in that last picture, It is so cute!!!

Schauers Hours said...

Organized birthday parties can be stressful! You did great. How am I going to beat that for Savanna? Our plan is spin the bottle and cake, lame!

Leuluai's said...

Go Doo Dah...looks like the party was fun!! Wish I could have been there!!

Marissa looks so cute in that picture...I love those rosie cheeks!! I can't wait to see her!!

Eric and Shelene said...

I dig the Deron Williams jersey. Alexis and I have the same one. Heather, aren't the kids a little young for spin the bottle?;)