Sunday, June 29, 2008

The 5K

We DID it! We ran 3.1 miles! J.D. and I have been training for this little run for a couple of months now. It's been a slow process for me but two days before the race, JD and I ran and he pushed me to finish the whole 3 miles. It was so hard but so awesome. I had been stuck at 2 miles for awhile and I was worried I wouldn't be able to run the full 3 on race day. But I did it. My sister Krista and I ran together the whole way and yes we didn't stop once! And we did it in about 34 minutes. Yippee! That was my goal - no stopping! JD ran it too but he was infront of us the whole way. He worked hard too and ran it in 30 minutes. Josh and Dawson also joined us without any training and they did awesome too. They ran the first mile pretty close to JD and then walked and ran. When Krista and I caught up to them Dawson decided to come with us. He would walk for a few minutes and then run to catch up and walk and catch up. He did that the whole way and ended up coming in about 30 seconds behind me. I was totally impressed. Josh came in about 10 minutes after us with my brother Bobby and his wife Melissa.

From left to right; Bobby, me, JD, Krista
Melissa, Dawson, Josh
We got the final results emailed to us today. Dawson actually got 3rd place in the under 12 division. Josh got 8th place. JD got 8th place in the 30-39 age group! I didn't place but oh well! It was really a good experience and I am glad we did it. I think we are going to make this a new tradition. It was part of the North Salt Lake City celebration (where my parents live) and they do it every year.

3 comments:

Breanne said...

You are so awesome to do that. I am so not a runner.

Eric Westover said...

Congratulations! I love doing 5k's..it is such an exhilarating feeling to finish! Come do the Freedom Run with Heather and I!!!

Leuluai's said...

Good job! I am impressed! Wish we could have been there!!