Monday, June 2, 2008

The Last Week of May

The month of May was a busy one for us! But this last week has been a lot of fun! We celebrated JD's birthday the day after his big debut as a rockstar, with some friends and family! It was quite a good time. I made a slideshow of JD's 35 years and that was really neat to do! We showed that in the backyard that night - it was fun! We played games, had food and enjoyed one another but I totally did not get out the camera! Bummer! The next night we decided to do a movie night in the backyard with the Carter cousins - that was fun. We watched Enchanted and of course we couldn't start it till like 9pm so it was a late night. Then comes the Rain Gutter Regata. Josh's boat rocked! The Serpent "Y" (named after a book called the Serpent Tide"), did not lose one race until the final championship race. It was quite exciting! So he won 2nd place! He also received his religious knot and some belt loops at the court of honor that night! Then on Friday, my dad calls and invites us to go to Lagoon for FREE with his work! So awesome! We went and had a great, wonderful, fabulous time. Dawson was a little bit leery of the spinning and fast rides. So he stuck to the kid rides and simple stuff! Josh, Tanner, JD, and cousin Cade were maniacs. They went on a lot of the big, fast rides. I about had it out with JD when he took Tanner on The Colossus. I was worried he would get brain damage or something - he is only 4! But he was big enough so what could I say! Anyway - we had a wonderful time - thanks Dad! You are awesome! May was a good month! Oh and when did I get old enough to now have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader!

By the way I am a computer dork and couldn't figure out a way to get my thoughts on the same post as my slideshow! Oh well, I will learn or I will call Breanne!

1 comment:

Breanne said...

You can call me anytime! And you do! :)