Sunday, June 22, 2008

60 Years of Marriage - WOW!

J.D.'s grandpa and grandma Seastrand celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Saturday. There was a great fun party that as Dawson tells it lasted from 3pm to 10pm - 7 hours! It was really an amazing day. Gareth and Dorothy are the coolest people I think I have ever met. So fun, happy, energetic, and Christlike. Here they are with their 20 grandchildren (two are missing - one is on a mission in California and one passed away) so there are a total of 22 grandchildren with 14 great grandchildren. And it was so cool that everyone from all over was there.

There was a talent show where the Hanks' grandchildren sang Long Tall Texan. My boys did so well. They are quite the entertainers. Then JD and I, his two sisters and their husbands, and his brother and his wife, got all dressed up in hip hop clothes and danced to Souja Boy! Man are we white! Just kidding - it was so fun and everyone said we did good. My brother would probably be laughing his head off at our trying to dance but we did good for a bunch of white, old people!
JD made a great video of all the grandkids with each one telling a favorite memory of grandma and grandpa. It turned out so nice and they loved it. Then his uncle Mark made a video of their lives and that was awesome! I am so blessed to have married into such a great family. I hope JD and I can be so in love forever like them and be the kind of people they are. The kind of people who make everyone feel special and make everyone feel included and comfortable and easy to talk to and loved (I could go on)! I want to be like that!

6 comments:

Breanne said...

That is so awesome! What an amazing picture to have!

Schauers Hours said...

Wait, you already ARE like that! In fact, you are so awesome I have been having Stacy withdrawals this summer! :) Wish I could have seen the dance.

Anonymous said...

My goodness you have such a wonderful family! I love being able to see them change, hear of the exciting times, and just keep in touch. I agree with schaures hours, I think you and JD are already there at that awesome couple stage.

Leuluai's said...

Did you record the dance??

None said...

That kid in the middle in the green shirt looks like a mini Dawson

Shelene said...

Hooray for family reunions. I can't wait for ours this summer! Isn't family wonderful! btw.....while we were all at church, entrusting the primary presidency and teachers with our children.....you were at home commenting on my blog!!!!! Busted!!!! just kidding!