Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Girl!


Marissa turned one yesterday! We are so happy to have this beautiful little girl in our family.

Some things I love about Marissa are: her awesome smile, her little sweet curls, her big blue eyes,

the way she yells out for "Da" when anyone opens and closes the front door, the way she hides things in weird places (like when I couldn't find her 3 binkies and then as I was putting shoes in the closet and found them in Tanner's boot),

the way she yells when someone takes something from her, the way her cheeks get so pink and rosy (Dawson said one day when she fell asleep in the car "Marissa cheeks are getting red like she's in love.),

I love her giggle, I love the way she throws balls all over, I love the way she isn't scared at all of dogs and lets them lick her face, I love watching her smile when Daddy dances with her,

I love when she lights up whenever she sees her brothers, I love her big wet kisses, and the way she snuggles with me, I love watching her balance and walk her few steps,

I love how overly friendly she is to little people, I love how she plays peekaboo with total strangers when I am holding her in the store,

I just love everything about this sweet little angel who has blessed our lives for the past year!


10 comments:

Erin said...

Fun! I can't believe she is one already. Time sure flies fast!

Kelly said...

Cute post. We should get these girls together!

Breanne said...

Happy Birthday Marissa!! It seems like just yesterday she was born!
She's just so cute and I love her dimples :)

John and Linda Hanks said...

Too cool! It hardly seems like a year. Grandma and I are anxious to see her and y'all this week.

Matt & Jen Hanks said...

Happy birthday to Marissa!! I can't believe she is one already! We are excited to see you guys this week!!

Anonymous said...

She is the happiest, smileyest baby I have ever seen.

de Arrieta said...

What a beauty! My goodness one year's old and already a lifetime of love and memories! Isn't it a wonderful blessing? She sounds adorable!

de Arrieta said...

Off the subjecty, but your grandpa looks like Santa! Does your kiddos think they are related to the real thing? Hee Hee.

Schauers Hours said...

She was playing peekaboo non stop with me yesterday. And she really does light up when kids come in the room, she had a huge smile for Wes Sav and Fiora every time.

Heather M. said...

It's hard to believe she's already 1. She's so pretty! We miss you guys. Thanks for keeping up on your blog. It's a great way to keep in touch.