Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Waiting for something good to happen!"


Tonight as we were talking about 3 good things that happened to each of us today, we started with Josh and he said "First, mom saved the day." I love when I hear that. So I will explain my heroics to you all! As I was leaving for my primary meeting this afternoon, I walked by Josh who was just pacing the front lawn. I said "what are you doing, waiting for the mail?" He sulkingly said "No I'm waiting for something good to happen." I just chuckled because we had just been in the house trying to get him to call a few friends to see if they could play. Well, I got to my meeting and said to his friend Miles (we were meeting at his house), "Miles are you bored", "Yes", "Can you play?", "Yes", "Can you go over to my house and play with Josh?", "Yes"!
I AM THE HERO MOM! This to all of you moms out there who are tired of being the bad guy. Just do what I did and you save the day! I love it! And to make things even better. Miles and Josh had a lemonade stand and made $4. Wow! What a great day, huh!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I've been thinking about you all day! What an awesome mom you are. You'll have to remind him the next time you're the bad guy!

Emily said...

What a DARLING story! Glad you recorded it!!!

de Arrieta said...

Super mom you are! Momma's thoughtfulness is always one power that nobody can defeat. I love the fishing photo. Beautiful!