Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Injury!!

Well Tuesday night JD did a number on his ankle playing basketball with the elders! I get a call about 10pm asking me to come and help him when he got home. I go downstairs and there he was hopping in on one foot and I could see already the his ankle was huge. Poor JD! He had been playing ball for about an hour when someone came in to play and had snow on their shoes. Needless to say that left a little puddle of water for JD to slip in as he goes up for a shot. Well with as much pain as he was in Tuesday night, he got up and went to work the next morning. When he headed to the office they gave him a pair of crutches and told him to stop by the trainer's classroom. She wrapped it up good and told him to see a doctor. Long story short - he has a bad sprained ankle but the doctor gave him a walking boot so at least he can walk around and have it protected. The fun never ends!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you started a blog Stacy. I feel like there are so many people in our ward who I never get a chance to chat with anymore, and you're one of them. So now I can at least read your blog! My friend always gets mad saying it is a second-rate way to stay in touch, but hey, life is busy:) So welcome to the world of blogging!

emily said...

Stacy! What a cheerful surprise to see you on the palenske pod! I was so happy to hear from you and to be able to check in on you crazy Hanks' once in a while. Isn't blogging so fun...you get to be a fly on the wall to all these great people who you wish you could still sit next to in Relief Society each week...and unfortunately share in each others' pain of chasing our kids around the room and extracting them from the window curtains, etc. :) By the way, I am in SHOCK at how big and handsome Tanner is...he was so little when we left! And I am in TOTAL SHOCK that JD finally agreed to go for the girl! Hooray for you! She is absolutely gorgeous. I won't make this a novel, but we sure do miss you. Keep in touch lots!

Francis Family said...

I am so glad you stopped in to say hi! I miss all of you in the ward sooo much. I keep telling Jenni and Heather that we never should have left and we need to move back. A lot has happened since we left 1 year ago...Congratulations on finally getting a girl!!! I am so happy for you. Thank you for the christmas card. I'm glad you have a blog so that we can keep in touch! Oh and sorry to hear about JD's ankle...that must have hurt...but at least it wasn't broken!

Anonymous said...

I want to see the picture...re-post the picture!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is B by the way...I don't have a "name" yet!!

Leuluai's said...

Well I have a name now...but I don't know how to set up a page...I need get Edwin to help when he isn't so focused on homework!! Dorky student boy!!