Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Visit from T.F. (a.k.a. The Tooth Fairy)


Well Dawson at almost 7 years old has finally lost his first tooth. Yippee! We have all been hearing for about a week how sore his tooth was and how much it was bothering him. Of course there is not much to do for that problem so we all just endured the complaining. Dawson kept wiggling and the tooth kept getting more loose. Finally on Sunday after church it felt ready to come out and I asked if I could have one pull. He said yes if I wouldn't twist it. So I got my fingers on it and (bad bad mommy), I twisted it. And I thought I had pulled it out but infact I had just made it bleed and made him cry. The tooth was hanging by like one thread. So I felt bad and was trying to hug him better but he wouldn't come near me! Finally as he was watching a church movie and sucking on his wet washcloth he suddenly announces - "It's out!" And it was there in his washcloth. So that was our fun excitement for Sunday. The toothfairy left him $1.25 in quarters and he announced Monday morning that he wanted a real dollar! Ofcourse! Well we can't please everyone and the tooth fairy was short on cash!

3 comments:

JD said...

I can't believe you twisted.

Breanne said...

That is so awesome for him! I hate being a bad mommy sometimes. My dad would always get a tissue and feel the tooth, when in fact he would just "pinch" it out. After about the second time that happened, I learned to pull my own teeth!

Schauers Hours said...

YAY milestone for Dawson, what a handsome kid.