Saturday, January 19, 2008

Marissa's Blessing Day and Tanner's 4th Birthday



It was a busy weekend. Our little girl Marissa Robin was blessed in our ward's fast and testimony meeting on Sunday. It was so fun to dress her in her little white dress. She looked like an angel. Marissa started to fuss right when the men gathered around her. JD waited to see if she would calm down and she did. Grandpa Farrell was the designated binky holder. She didn't make a peep through out her blessing. JD was so happy. The boys really cried throughout each of their blessings. JD gave her a beautiful blessing and the Spirit was there with us. JD was also conducting the meeting so he was able to share his testimony first. As soon as he was done Grandpa Hanks got up and shared his testimony. Then our Josh got up there and shared his sweet testimony. Towards the end of the meeting Grandpa Seastrand also got up and so we had 4 generations from JD's family who bore their testimonies at the same meeting. That was pretty cool - how often does that happen? Just an interesting side note. I was really worried about Marissa spitting up on her beautiful dress - so after sacrament meeting I fed her and then decided to change her clothes into another dress. As soon as I did she spit up several times. Then I was sitting in Primary and I felt a rumble and next thing I know she has exploded her diaper. Poop all the way up her back. Boy am I glad I got her out of her blessing dress! What a day!


Tanner turned 4 years old on Monday the 14th. He had been counting down for several weeks. He had his first friend birthday party Monday afternoon. We only invited 2 friends and 3 cousins. We all know how birthday parties can go when things get too crazy with too many kids. Well he had a great time. We played lots of games and even had a treasure hunt. All in all it turned out well without any major meltdowns. It was funny though when we were playing pin the tail on the donkey. Each kid was able to go twice and Tanner's friend Xander missed the mark pretty far his first time so when it was his turn to go again, JD went to put the blindfold on him and he said "No I want to see". Then he proceeds to the donkey and precisely puts his tail exactly on the right spot. Funny kids! Tanner is excited to be 4 and tells everyone that he is 4 now. It is hard to believe that my baby boy is really that old! They grow up so fast!

2 comments:

Breanne said...

I am so excited that you have started a blog! It is fun! If you have any questions you can always call me. And I am glad that Xander was one of the few that came to Tanner's party :)

Schauers Hours said...

Your blog is so cute! Good Job. What a beautiful blessing dress on Marissa, I'm gald you got her out of it!