Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A post a week!

One of my goals for this new year is to post something each week. Preferably on Monday but we'll see.
This is something I just want to remember. A week ago Friday night, I lost my contact. I was taking it out and it fell but I never heard it hit anything. I have hard contacts - so losing them is quite a pain. First of all because they cost $65 to replace and they take like 5 days to make it. And I really don't like wearing glasses all day long. So anyway, I called JD to help me and we searched my clothes, all over the bathroom, everything. But nothing! I was seriously so upset with myself.
I started praying that night. And that prayer continued throughout the next day. I was doing a ton of laundry so every time I walked in the bathroom I kept expecting to see it somewhere. I wanted my prayer answered!
By dinnertime I just assumed it was gone for good. So the boys were wrestling on the floor in the family room and I called them to dinner. We all sat down and Josh looks at Dawson and says "Hold still Dawson you have mom's contact on your face". We all turned and what? My contact was on his cheek. Amazing - truly amazing. So he must have picked it up while wrestling on the floor.

The Lord answers prayers in his own time! But I am so thankful!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is funny! I was just telling the yw about how in junior high something happened to my contact and I had to wear my glasses for a week. I didn't go to school the whole week because I was so embarrassed :) Good thing I've matured a little since then :)

Kelly said...

That makes me smile because I've lost contacts too and prayed about it and then expected to see them when I open my eyes from the prayer! Glad you found it. $65, ouch!

Schauers Hours said...

Yay a post a week! I will look forward to that.